Postpartum Physical Therapy
Low Back and Neck Pain During Pregnancy
Diastasis Recti and Physical Therapy
Genesis Physio and Wellness is a concierge Physical Therapy practice providing highly skilled and experienced care to the pregnant, postpartum and active patient.
If you are pregnant and experience pain in the following areas:
Upper, middle, and/or lower back
Sacroiliac (SI) Joint
Round Ligament Pain
Diastasis Recti (Seperation of stomach muscles)
Urinary or fecal Incontinence (difficulty controlling bowel or bladder)
Pelvic Floor Weakness
How are you doing physically postpartum? We will listen to your concerns and perform a comprehensive evaluation and examination, when cleared by your OB or midwife, to determine the need for further physical therapy intervention
Bladder and Bowel Related
- Any leaking of urine, gas, or stool outside of your control
- Urinary frequency
- Pain during or after urination
Pelvic Pain Related
- Pain during and/or after intercourse
- Vulvar, vaginal, genital pain
- Pelvic pain
- Abdominal pain
- Scar tissue adhesions/pain (abdominal, vaginal)
- Coccyx (tailbone) pain
- Pain during pregnancy
- Pelvic organ prolapse (“falling out” feeling of pelvic tissues)
- Pubic bone pain
General Musculoskeletal Conditions
Pubic symphysis dysfunction
General aches and pains
Symptoms of “Sciatica”
Your Individualized Treatments Can Include
Soft Tissue Mobilization
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
A wellness evaluation is for you IF
- You are looking to improve your overall health by beginning an exercise program, but would like an assessment to determine the best fitness style for you, as well as, educate on proper form and performance of exercises.
- You are having difficulty with achieving your goals with your current exercise routine.
- You are experiencing difficulty performing your current exercise mode of choice.
Although some of the above symptoms may seem common, they are not normal. You deserve to feel whole, healthy, and free from these impairments.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms (or another condition that isn’t listed), OR you want to schedule a wellness appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us to see if we can help you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!